August through Fall...
Financial Aid: Any applicant may apply for financial aid at the time of application submission. Financial aid awards are based upon clearly demonstrated need. Financial aid forms will be sent to families when they indicate on the application form that they would like to apply for aid. Please see "Tuition and Financial Aid" for deadlines and more information.
- Go to our online sign-in page, create your online Account username and password and submit your application. All applications must be submitted by NOON, November 14, 2014. We cannot accept applications after this time/date.
- After we process your application, we will call you to schedule your child's visit and your parent tour and interview. These appointments are scheduled from October through January.
- The ISAAGNY Confidential School Form, Release of Records form and cover letter should be given to your child's school director or teacher and returned by them to Dalton no later than January tbd, 2015 (or sooner). This form is confidential once it has been filled out by your child's school. These forms can be downloaded from our website. For Dalton Community members applying for Early Notification, this school form must be received by Dalton by December 1st, 2014.
- Applications are available to submit online beginning August 11, 2014. Applications will be available until NOON on Friday, November 14, 2014. However, we strongly suggest that you submit your application as soon as you can for scheduling your appointments. If you apply on November 14th, your application MUST be submitted prior to noon. At 12:00 pm, the system closes down and we will not be able to accept anymore submitted applications.
- We will begin taking reservations on September tbd for our Open Houses which are held in October (see October for details).
- Submit application.
- Open Houses are available for families new to Dalton who would like to see the school before applying. Families must call the First Program Admissions Office to determine dates and times as well as to reserve a place. Space is limited.
- Submit application.
- APPLICATION DUE THIS MONTH. The deadline for submitting all applications is Noon, November 14th. Applications will not be accepted after this time/date.
- Information will be posted on our website this month regarding the Equity at Dalton event: An evening event focusing on Equity at Dalton is held early in January at the 89th Street Upper School facility and is open to any family new to Dalton that has applied to the First Program. In addition to learning about how Dalton deals with these topics, High School students conduct tours of the Upper School for parents. Once the application deadline has passed, we will post the date of this event and when we will begin taking reservations on our website. Families must call the First Program Admissions Office to reserve a place for this event as space is limited.
- Complete and mail financial aid forms to The Dalton School Financial Aid Office.
- Letters of Recommendation are completely optional. If you choose to have someone submit a letter of reference, it must be received by December 19, 2014 to be included in your child's file.
For Dalton Community families:
- Early Notification form is due by December 1st.
- If taking Early Notification, ISAAGNY confidential school report due by December tbd.
- Early Notification decisions will be emailed no earlier than December tbd and no later than January tbd.
Notification for Dalton Community families not taking Early Notification: decisions will be emailed at the same time as non-community applicants, Friday, February tbd.
- All applications must be completed by Friday, January tbd in order to receive an admission decision. The Admissions Office reviews the status of all applications towards the end of the admissions season. If a file is incomplete, the office will contact the parents of applicants indicating the information needed to complete the admissions process. Parents should also check the status of their application by going to the online Required Checklist. If you have any questions regarding missing material, please call the Admissions Office.
- An evening event focusing on Equity and Diversity at Dalton is held early in January at the 89th Street Upper School facility and is open to any family new to Dalton that has applied to the First Program. In addition to learning about how Dalton deals with these topics, High School students conduct tours of the Upper School for parents. Families must call the First Program Admissions Office to reserve a place for this event as space is limited.
- According to the ISAAGNY timetable, decision notifications will be emailed on Friday, February tbd, 2015. Families must make their enrollment decision by Friday, February tbd, 2015.
- An opportunity is provided to see the school again during the decision making period.
- Notification for Dalton Community families not taking Early Notification: decisions will be emailed at the same time as non-community applicants, Friday, February tbd.
If you have any questions regarding any aspect of the admissions process, please feel free to contact the Admissions Office at 212-423-5463.