In the Kindergarten, Houses establish contracts for rules of behavior and class jobs for building a House community. Literature about kindness, courage, perseverance, acceptance, similarities and differences is used to support social-emotional learning and character skills growth.
Service learning projects include:
- sending thank you letters to Hurricane Sandy first responders;
- holding a children’s toiletry drive for Homes for the Homeless;
- sending thank-you cards to FP parents, faculty and security, maintenance and kitchen staffs;
- sending class-baked bread to Yorkville Common Pantry throughout the year;
- and making food at Thanksgiving to donate to homeless at a nearby church.