Is it time for your child to start driving? Fall Registration for the Dalton Drivers Ed. Program is now open!
Students must be 16 by October 2 for the fall semester
. All registered students must secure a New York State Learner’s Permit or Non-Driver ID card by December 31, 2018.
Please note that if a permit is not secured by the provided date, the student will not be issued a certificate of completion (For more information, please visit the DMV website: http://www.dmv.ny.gov).
Tuition is $650.00, excluding optional textbooks, which cost $65.00. All forms of payment are accepted. Payments may be made by check payable to The Dalton School. Please include student’s name on the check. A $15.00 processing fee will be added for credit card payments. No refunds will be granted once classes begin. There will be no refunds for failure to complete the course. Tuition does not include fees paid to the Department of Motor Vehicles for obtaining a Learner’s Permit or Driver’s License. Tuition also does not include fees incurred for scheduling a road test and/or additional private lessons taken beyond the course requirement.
The student and/or parent must attend one of the registration days listed below. At registration, the students will be able to select their choice of lecture/driving time. Payment and signed application must be brought to registration. If applicable, please bring in your permit.
- Saturday, September 15, 2018 at 10:00 AM, 108 East 89th Street/Cafeteria, 3rd Floor
- Monday, September 17, 2018 at 4:00 PM, 108 East 89th Street/Cafeteria, 3rd Floor
- Saturday, September 22, 2018 at 10:00 AM, 108 East 89th Street/Cafeteria, 3rd Floor
- Monday, September 24, 2018 at 4:00 PM, 108 East 89th Street/Cafeteria, 3rd Floor
- Saturday, September 29, 2018 at 10:00 AM, 108 East 89th Street/Cafeteria, 3rd Floor
- Monday, October 1, 2018 at 4:00 PM, 108 East 89th Street/Room 301
THE PROGRAM WILL BEGIN SATURDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2018
Students are required to attend sessions that consist of classroom instruction and driving instruction including observation with each student spending 6 hours behind the wheel. Attendance is mandatory for all enrolled students. No more than two absences are permitted in either lecture or driving sessions. It is the student’s responsibility to make arrangements with your lecture or driving instructor regarding make-ups.
Students must choose ONE of the 6 lecture times to attend every week. Below, please find a list of lecture times. If students miss their regular lecture, they can make it up at another scheduled date. Please note that a student must notify the lecturer with regards to a make-up date.
Please review the attachment on the right-hand side of the screen to see the application form and detailed Fall 2018 Course Schedule with course locations.
Lecture Classes Meet:
- Monday: 3:30 PM at 108 East 89th Street - Room 301
- Thursday: 3:30 PM and 4:50 PM at 108 East 89th Street – Room 301
- Saturday: 9:30 AM, 11:00 AM, and 12:30 PM at 108 East 89th Street – Cafeteria, 3rd Floor
Driving Classes Meet:
- The driving portions can be arranged before or after each of the scheduled lecture times and will be assigned at registration.
No more than two absences are permitted in either lecture or driving sessions. It is the student’s responsibility to make arrangements with your lecture or driving instructor regarding make-ups.
Phone: (212) 423-5252