Is it time for your child to start driving? Information for the Fall 2020 Driver's Ed through Dalton is now available!
Fall 2020 Driver’s Ed begins on Saturday, October 24
Students must be 16 by October 19, 2020 for the fall semester. All registered students must secure a NYS Learner’s Permit or non-Driver ID card by December 12, 2020. (For more information, please visit the DMV website: http://www.dmv.ny.gov)
Tuition is $725, excluding textbooks, which cost $65.00 (optional). Please follow steps provided below on how to register for the program. No refunds will be granted once classes begin. There will be no refunds for failure to complete the course. Tuition does not include fees paid to the Department of Motor Vehicles for obtaining a Learner’s Permit or Driver’s License. Tuition also does not include fees incurred for scheduling a Road Test and/or additional private lessons taken beyond the course requirement.
Students are required to attend sessions that consist of remote lectures and driving instruction including observation with each student spending 6 hours behind the wheel. Students will participate in live online lectures once a week for 16 weeks. The driving portion of the program can be arranged during the day if a student has a consistent free period (minimum 1 hour) during a weekday. Driving is also available after school, or throughout the day on Saturday starting at 8:00 AM. The 6 hours of driving will be completed in 30 minute sessions for 12 weeks.
Attendance is mandatory for all enrolled students. No more than 2 absences are permitted in either lecture or driving sessions. It is the student’s responsibility to make arrangements with your lecture or driving instructor regarding make-ups.
For more information and a detailed schedule of the course, download the application on the upper right side of this page.
Please find safety guidelines and protocols that were set in place to ensure instructors and students safety and well-being. Please follow link to review:
- To register for the program all interested students must use this registration form to submit payment. Registration closes on Tuesday, October 20, 2020. If you need to sign up after that date, please reach out to Autonautics directly.
- The signed consent form (page 3 and page 4 of the download on the upper right side of this page) must also be completed emailed back to Autonautics with lecture and driving preferences.
- After registering through the school’s website, the parent and student will be contacted via email with further information.
Future Driver's Ed Programs
- Spring 2021 (March - June, registration in January)
- Summer 2021 (month of July, registration in June)
Phone: (212) 423-5359