Is it time for your child to start driving? Information for the Summer 2021 Driver's Ed through Dalton is now available!
Summer 2021 Driver’s Ed begins on Tuesday, July 6, 2021
Students must be 16 by July 1, 2021 for the summer semester. All registered students must secure a NYS Learner’s Permit or non-Driver ID card prior to the start of the program. (For more information, please visit the DMV website: http://www.dmv.ny.gov)
Tuition is $725, excluding textbooks, which cost $65.00 (optional). Textbooks will be distributed during the first driving session. Please follow the steps provided below on how to register for the program. No refunds will be granted once classes begin. There will be no refunds for failure to complete the course. Tuition does not include fees paid to the Department of Motor Vehicles for obtaining a Learner’s Permit or Driver’s License. Tuition also does not include fees incurred for scheduling a Road Test and/or additional private lessons taken beyond the course requirement.
Students are required to attend sessions that consist of remote lectures and in person driving instruction including observation with each student spending 6 hours behind the wheel. Students will participate in live online lectures every day (Monday - Thursday) for the duration of the program for a total of 16 sessions. The driving portion of the program can take place any time during the day. The 6 hours of driving will take place in 30 minute sessions Monday through Thursday.
Attendance is mandatory for all enrolled students. No more than 2 absences are permitted in either lecture or driving sessions. It is the student’s responsibility to make arrangements with their lecture or driving instructor regarding make-ups.
For more information and a detailed schedule of the course, download the application on the upper right side of this page.
Please find safety guidelines and protocols that were set in place to ensure instructors and students safety and well-being. Please follow link to review:
- To register for the program all interested students must use this registration form to submit payment. Registration closes on Friday, June 25, 2021 at 12:00 PM. If you need to sign up after that date, please reach out to Autonautics directly.
- Complete and sign the application and consent form (page 3 and page 4 of the download on the upper right side of this page) and email directly to Autonautics with lecture and driving preferences.
- After registering through the school’s website, the parent and student will be contacted via email with further information.
Future Driver's Ed Programs
- Fall 2021 (October - February, registration in September)
- Spring 2022 (February - June, registration in January)
Phone: (212) 423-5359