Is it time for your child to start driving? Information for the Fall 2021 Drivers Ed through Dalton is now available!
Fall 2021 Drivers Ed begins on Tuesday, October 12, 2021
Online Registration is now closed. Please reach out email@example.com for inquiries about space in the Fall 2021 course.
Students must be 16 by October 8, 2021 for the summer semester. All registered students must secure a NYS Learner’s Permit or non-Driver ID card prior to the start of the program. (For more information, please visit the DMV website: http://www.dmv.ny.gov)
Tuition is $725, excluding textbooks, which cost $65.00 (optional). Textbooks will be distributed during the first driving session. Please follow the steps provided below on how to register for the program. No refunds will be granted once classes begin. There will be no refunds for failure to complete the course. Tuition does not include fees paid to the Department of Motor Vehicles for obtaining a Learner’s Permit or Drivers License. Tuition also does not include fees incurred for scheduling a Road Test and/or additional private lessons taken beyond the course requirement.
Students are required to attend sessions that consist of remote lectures and in-person driving instruction including observation with each student spending 6 hours behind the wheel. Students will participate in live online lectures once a week for the duration of the program for a total of 16 sessions. The driving portion of the program can be arranged during the day if a student has a consistent free period (minimum 1 hour) during a weekday. Driving is also available after school, or throughout the day on Saturdays starting at 8:00 AM. The 6 hours of driving will take place in 22.5 for 16 weeks.
Attendance is mandatory for all enrolled students. No more than 2 absences are permitted in either lecture or driving sessions. It is the student’s responsibility to make arrangements with their lecture or driving instructor regarding make-ups.
For more information and a detailed schedule of the course, download the application on the upper right side of this page.
Please find safety guidelines and protocols that were set in place to ensure instructors' and students' safety and well-being. Please follow the link to review:
Registration closes on Friday, October 8, 2021, at 12:00 PM. If you need to sign up after that date, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOR DALTON STUDENTS ONLY: Dalton students and or parents should attend one of the in-person registration days listed below
- Saturday, October 2nd, 2021 at 10:00 AM, 108 East 89th Street/Cafeteria, 3rd Floor
- Tuesday, October 5th, 2021 at 5:00 PM, 108 East 89th Street/ Cafeteria, 3rd Floor
- Students from other high schools should contact email@example.com.
- Complete and sign the application and consent form (page 3 and page 4 of the download on the upper right side of this page) and email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with lecture and driving preferences.
- After registering through the school’s website, the parent and student will be contacted via email with further information.
Future Drivers Ed Programs
Are you interested in a future Drivers Ed program through Dalton? Fill out this form
so we can add you to the interest list.
- Spring 2022 (February - June, registration in January)
- Summer 2022 (July - first week of August, registration in June)
- Fall 2022 (October - February, registration in September)
Dalton Drivers Education
Phone: (212) 423-5359