HIGH SCHOOL MATH DEPT CHAIR
Dalton seeks an experienced math teacher and departmental leader to teach a broad range of topics and to be readily available to students and colleagues beyond the classroom and for enhancement.
We seek facility and experience teaching multiple levels of Algebra, Geometry and Calculus. In a department chair, we seek a leader in curriculum and pedagogy who will inspire a veteran group of instructors and serve as a communication liaison between faculty, administration and families as the department reimagines and redesigns the curriculum and reconsiders pedagogy.
Teachers at Dalton create an education of excellence that meets each student's interests, abilities and needs within a common curricular framework and reflects and promotes an understanding of, and, appreciation for, diversity in our community as an integral part of school life.
Department Chair Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a communication liaison between faculty, administration, and families.
- Serve as a leader in curriculum and pedagogy in the department.
- Maintain active relationships with local, regional, and national associations of teachers in the math subject area.
- Facilitate department meetings that promote participation from all department members.
- Advocate for the math department while supporting the wider mission of the school.
- Become involved with co-curricular activities related to their interests.
Download the complete job description
- BA and MA required, PhD preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant teaching experience is required
- Ability to work well with a range of able, highly motivated children
- Ability to lead a strong, veteran department undergoing significant change
- Highly effective communication and organizational skills
- High levels of energy and creativity
The Dalton School actively seeks to forward the equity and diversity of our community in our admissions, programs, and hiring. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, ethnic origin, age, physical disability or sexual orientation in administration of our educational policies, hiring policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs, athletics and other school-administered programs.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to employment@Dalton.org
, outlining your experience and interest in this position. Please include "HS Math Teacher" in the subject line of your email.